Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grasping at carpet strings

I lie here on the floor.
Rotating between staring at the floor and staring at the ceiling.
I shiver, hearing the air conditioning click on.
The Carpet is icy already.
It's caress is rough, scratchy against my chilled skin.
My eyes shutter close.
The breath I deeply inhale smells of nothing, other than itchy carpet.
I momentarily realise where I'd rather be.

The entire planet spins on its axis of insanity.
My finger nails dig desperately into the carpet until I can convince myself its not the world I'm trying to grasp.
I'll never be good enough.
I'll never meet the expectations set before me.
My insecurities eat me alive, tear at me, ravage me.
I stumble off my pedestal once again.
I lie here on the floor.
Afraid, vulnerable, insecure, broken, restless, trembling, broken, empty , loathing, apathetic, scared, mangled, stubborn, tears streaming.
I'm confident this isn't what you signed up for.
Unfortunately, this is all I have got.
Relax and give me awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment