Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home

Its Amazing really, the small things that remind you of home.
The smell of creole seasoning, or the taste of fried catfish.
The feeling you get when you remember what its like when summer turns to autumn.
I sometimes wonder if home sickness is driven by fear.
Do we actually truly want to return because we miss it?
Because we truly cherish and loved it?
Or is this feeling of longing driven by a desire to return and hide somewhere we consider safe?
In my instance, I'm definitely the latter.
From my brith, nearly every decision I have made has been the product of some some fear or another.
Maybe thats why anyone makes a choice?
I so easily preach change and acceptance of things lost.
Maybe I say it with such conviction in hopes that someday I could practice it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment