Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wake Up Call

I woke up this morning....and everything seemed fake.
Out of my control, my fingertips ran acrosss my eyelids.
They traced their way down my face, across my cheek, and to my throat.
My neck was warm, and I noticed that I was shivering.

I rolled on to my back, and began staring at the ceiling.
Light beams scattered from the blinding window played with one another.
Slowly, I was becoming more aware of my self, in so many ways.
I soon realised my body was completely vulnerable, and I thought of you.

I opened my mouth and suddenly broke the silence that was engulfing me.
My soft voice vibrated off everything around me.
The only reply I recieved was the laughter of nothingness.
My lips parted, and my lungs carried a sigh to meet them, to slip over them.

I snapped my eyes shut, hoping for one last chance at continued sleep.
I quickly fell into the most clean pool, and the smell of fresh flooded me.
It was the brightest blue I never imagined, and I was ...forgiven.
My eyes fluttered open, and I realised I had not escaped into sleep.

I carefully sat up in my bed, pulling my legs to curl up underneath me.
My soft hair, smelling expensive, fell over my face, and it blurred my vision.
As I felt the same gorgeous waves across my shoulders, I almost chuckled.
A humourless chuckle realising its typical for me to not see things clearly.

My hand lazily made its way to the auburn strands hiding my eyes.
With no real sense of control, I pushed my hair back away from my face.
A blushing smile played across my lips as I felt loose curls tickle my breast.
My head tiredly tossed, assisting the rest of my hair in resting on my back.

My palms found my delicate face once more, momentarily hiding it.
I gently wiped my face; uknowingly taking some of my innocence.
I seem to have felt young again, as if things had happened differently.
What an odd thought to have come over me.

My feet caressed the floor before I realised I had even moved.
I let the comfortable, soft fabric of a punisher t-shirt molest me.
After pulling it over me, I made my way to the bathroom mirror.
I brushed my teeth, and I flashed myself my sexiest, 10- grand, smile.

I amiably made my way down the stairs.
My fingers rolled across the metal banister, and I think I thought of you.
Once I found myself in the kitchen, I scrounged for a bottle of water.
The bottle opening introduced itself to my lips politely.

My lips had been heated, and welcomed the freezing liquid.
My eyes were shut as water swam down my throat.
I closed the lid and my tongue adventured across my wet lips and smile.
I giggled softly to myself, thinking, and started my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment