Thursday, March 4, 2010

Breeze

The door creaked, and clicked happily into place.
The rattle of the screen did not disturb me.
Dark clouds had devoured the heat, leaving a beautiful chill.
Tonight was pefection in a world of broken people and crazy hearts.
Slowly my feet were moving.
I allowed them to have their own journy and agenda.
You keep stealing my tears.
You keep making me smile.
Currently, a smile that was parting my own demons as I watched the darkness above spread apart.
Stars shyly peaked through and were ignored.
My full mind had no time for them.
The unusual breeze caressing my face reminded me how wonderfully out of the ordinary was this entire night.
I vaguely knew my feet were strolling over pavement.
I could not focus on anything, and the fuzzy, out of focus view was almost as breath taking as your mind.
I hate you for making me so content.
My hand turned the door knob.
I tugged at my mind.
I had been gone a lengthy amount of time, walking the dull streets.
I try to remember the feel of my feet on the filthy ground, or even the houses I had passed.
I pull hard at my brain, and the only thought that manages to surface is the only thing I remember at all today.
You.
I hate you for invading every part of me.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment