Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pictures and Pieces

Picture It.
Look at us.
Captured there forever.
Oh, how we smile.
The way we hold each other pulls at something inside me.
Do you think we will ever find each other again?
I sit and wonder if we, any of us, will ever laugh that way again.
It's haunting how our youth will be eternal behind the dusty glass.
Disturbing, that we are endlessly frozen in that state of naive euphoria.

When I look at you in your blue frame, It occurs to me you never knew how it would be.
How are your kids?
How old are they now?
Are you happy with the choices you had to make?

When I look at you in your expensive frame-the one I got because I love you- I realise you will always be a part of my life.
Do you still hate me for leaving?
You left him, Please tell me you didn't feel like he does now.
Why is awkward for us to speak to each other now? We told each other everything.

When I look at you taped to the page, I realise you always knew what you would do in the end.
Do you have any idea how we felt when you left us?
Did you know that your best friend, my close friend, would be forever changed by finding your body?
Why didn't you tell us it hurt that bad?

When I look at you, hiding in your wooden frame, I realise you were never what you seemed.
Was our brotherly and sisterly love for each other only as deep as the bottom of the bottle?
Do you ever think about the nights we would drink a case of beer and hold each other-crying, until the sun rose?
Do you ever see your first daughter? Blue frame says she misses you.

When I look at you in this plastic page, I realise you were too young.
Why did you go over there?
Why did you think this was your war?
Do you know wooden frame married the girl who wouldn't wait for you?
Did it hurt when they blew up your blackhawk?

When i see that collage of random pictures, all of us together exploring our world, I realise I took it all for granted.
Did I make an impact on your life?
Do we even remember each other?
HOw many of us recall our memories together?
Did our lives turn out the way we always planned?
Are any of us happy?

The innocence is long past.
The pictures remain to pove it.
If we have nothing now, If we are left empty handed, We will always have these.
Our laughter, tears, corruption, youth, and dreams are living on even if it all died inside us long ago.
We can never return, but we can sadly mourn as we remember .
What would we give to be that jaded again?

When I look at you, the old you I have imprisoned in front of me, I realise what you were searching for.
Did you find it?
After his funeral, did you ever forgive yourself?
Do you know that I miss you, and that the reason we haven't spoken in five years is because you became so fake and hidden?

When I look at you with that very you like grin, I can't imagine you not wearing it.
I'm sorry expensive frame broke your heart.
The ring you got her was perfection in stone.
Will you ever be okay?
I'm glad that one night didn't make our friendship strange.

When I pull you out from behind the back page where I threw you years ago, I realise how lame you were.
Was it fun to use me?
How fun was it for you to tell all of our friends what you took from me that friday after I turned fifteen?
Yes, they told me that you told them all about it.
Honestly, I haven't thought about you in over six years until today.
Some how, I'm confident that you only became a larger fool.

So many of us, and so too many remembrances to count.
So much lost over the course time has taken us on.
We are who we are, and maybe we all sometimes pray to be oblivious once more.
Maybe we always knew our universe we had created would disolve and fade away.
Maybe thats why we are left here with all these photographs we took to capture what would never be again.
You can never go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment