Thursday, March 4, 2010

Done

My eyes are strained.
Not nearly as badly as my emotions.
The color from my face has been drained.
Not completely though, like my pride has been.
Sleep will not seek me out.
You had one more try.
I watched, I waited, I was left wanting.
Somewhere, hidden deeply in the fartherest part of my mind was the thought that you might.
As the sun rose this morning to chase away the gloom, it was much too late.
Any hope I had of you was snuffed out hours ago.
Even before the sun rose on your coast, I knew I was done.
I have no idea when I will fall asleep.
Watching the birds flitter and sing outside is painful beyond imagination.
It wasn't really anything, so I can't mourn the loss of nothing, right?
I wish it was more tangible.
Sorry, it's past tense now.
I wish it had been more tangible.
I'm regret that I could not give you that- not as thought you wanted it.
I'm honestly clueless as to what was really happened.
The only thing I'm certain is that I somehow made it all worthless and awkward.
I never wanted that at all.
I wish I could convince myself I'm over reacting.
I'm scared of that thought.
I think believing that would only lead to more ache.
My eyes are no longer dry from the lack of sleep.
I'm only going to shed these for you once.
Everything is finished.
I close my eyes, capturing the last tear so it will never fall.
I wait for the dreams to find me.
I'm done, and so are my thoughts of you....atleast for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment