Thursday, March 4, 2010

When you sleep

You sound so vulnerable and fragile, and the impulse to slither my arms around you is completely irresistable.
The desire and need to lie with you while listening to that soothing, steady beat is enough to make everything melt away.
"Come here" is often the first thing I whisper once your breathing slows.
The typical mumbled response and rustle of you moving makes my heart swell, and a content smile spread across my face.
I delicately speak your name, and hold my breath.
Once I am certain no response will come, I close my eyes for a bit and just listen to the wonderful stability you provide.

In your celestial slumber, you become my priest.
With every inhalation you make, I spill confessions from my tongue.
You are aware of my every heartache, every apology needed, every tear.
I have told you everything, and your heart cleanses mine.
With every exhalation you make, I pour desires from my tongue.
You are aware of my every dream, every want, every need.
Your sleeping heart is my dream box, and I constantly crave to hold it each morning when I wake and each night before I sleep.

As I settle in to the blissful, restful trance that is sleeping with you, I lightly speak the words " I love you" and kiss you.
No matter how deep your slumber, you always return the love mid-doze.

I sleep, and my heart holds yours as if it's in prayer.
Wishes ignite.
You're the perfect dream.

I sleep, and my heart kneels before you to heal.
Bless me, Demetri, for I have sinned.
Your forgiveness is painfully miraculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment