Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rain, Rain

The rain attacks my roof shingles relentlessly.
Sitting here in this window seat, I realise how its been so long that I've forgotten.
I lie my head against the glass, its warm-not chilled as expected.
I do enjoy the windows tears much more than my own.
Thoughts run through my mind much more quickly than the water can pass down the pane.
You know exactly what I'm thinking, don't you?
My thoughts and emotions are much more transparent than the water or the glass.
The blackened sky coats the stars and blankets our world.
Almost as though the charred clouds intend to keep the earth safe.
I'm so envious.
I want nothing more than to be engulfed in your arms.
Sinking into safety.
The light flashing across the sky, reflecting and bouncing, is almost erotic.
It reminds me of the passionate lighning you can find in some people's eyes.
The crashing startles my thought process momentarily.
It's raining on this hot, sticky night in the desert.
I'm watching through my window, and ofcourse thinking of you.
The coming of the storm brings the promise of change-good or ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment